cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Teipel, Bjoern" <bjoern.tei...@internetbrands.com>
Subject Re: vpc syslog
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:22:45 GMT
Hmm interesting idea.
I guess the system VM image is used to spin up VRs ? Am I right.
Then you have to modify that image.
Would be great if CS can utilize something like cloud-init (AWS/Ubuntu) to modify VMs after
they spun up or something like that

On Mar 11, 2013, at 12:59 PM, "Brandon Arms" <BArms@dsscorp.com> wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to log dropped packets to syslog from a virtual router for troubleshooting
purposes?  I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to modify iptables rules to get this working.
 Modifying iptables causes my virtual router to lock up.
> Ultimately, I'd like to be able to modify iptables to send dropped packets to an external
syslog server for troubleshooting.  This wouldn't be permanent, only implemented to troubleshoot
and then tear down upon identifying a possible router/firewall issue.