cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Looking for LDAP setup assistance
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 17:05:54 GMT
Kirk,

The document does explain in fair amount of detail what needs to be done. Unfortunately with
CS 4 at the moment, you will only see the accepted output once you ran the command. There
is no way to retrieve the configs once they've been entered.

Once configured, if you tail the management-server.log and attempt to login, you will see
if you are hitting the ldap.

One other note, in CS 4.0, you will have to change few frontend files, specifically sharedFunctions.js
and the index file

https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/cloudstack-3x-ldap-authentication.html#Cloudstack3.xLDAPAuthentication-DisablingMD5hash

If you need to have both local mysql based as well as remote ldap auth as fail back mechanism
functional, please let me know and I can share the code. For some reason, the page where I
posted it, http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-16325, is no longer functional.

With CS 4.1 (soon to be released), ldap auth works without any need of front end file changes
and supports both local and external ldap auth. With CS4.2, the LDAP auth config is integrated
into GUI.

Ping me if you need more help,

Regards
ilya