cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: HA across zones
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:17:06 GMT
Chris, at the moment there are no native CloudStack capabilities that can
provide HA across zone, but there are couple of features targeted for 4.2
release.

- GSLB will provide load balancing across the zones in active-active
setup, on zone failure, traffic will be routed to active zone

- AWS EIP, will provide 'static NAT' across the zones. In active-standby
setup, users can change the static NAT mapping from public IP to the VM's
in either active or standby zone.

- Object store will provide common storage across the zones, that will
provide templates, snapshots from which users can launch instances across
zone.

-Murali