cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Valery Ciareszka <valery.teres...@gmail.com>
Subject storage issues
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 17:31:19 GMT
Hi all,

I use CS 4.0.1 (1 management node, 1 KVM node, 2 storage nodes that act
like single nfs server (HA) - have primary and secondary storage there, one
more NFS server for another secondary storage (having 2 SS in one zone)
I've faced next issues:

-KVM node tries to reboot when primary storage is offline. I had made wrap
script on /sbin/reboot and found that reboot is called from kvmheartbeat.sh
script:

reboot called at Thu Mar 7 11:08:19 EST 2013
root 9943 0.0 0.0 108164 1528 ? S 11:08 0:00 /bin/bash
/usr/lib64/cloud/common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/kvm/kvmheartbeat.sh -i
10.6.10.1 -p /GIGO/cloud -m /mnt/50127bd7-d195-3f65-83ea-f131c2d5dc73 -c

I tested how VM feels itself upon offlining primary storage - when primary
storage returns back, everything is ok inside VM.

So I have the question - why KVM node tries to reboot itself ?

Several more questions about secondary storage.

-If I have more than 1 secondary storage configured within one zone, how
does cloudstack choose on which of them it will  store
templates/iso/snapshots ?

-I realized that contents of 2 sec storage are different. Imagine we have
lost contents of  one of the secondary storage permamently. But we have 2
important templates that were backuped. But they have 100gb+.Is there way
to put them on new secondary storage without uploading 100GB through
webmanagement  ?

-Is there way to keep both secondary storages in sync  ?

--
Regards,
Valery

http://protocol.by/slayer