cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Valery Ciareszka <valery.teres...@gmail.com>
Subject ip management questions
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 17:16:11 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using CS 4.0.1 (advanced network mode).
I had assigned small subnet (/28) to public network in zone infrastructure.
When I tried to assign additional subnets (2*/24) as untagged networks, I
got the following error: "The Untagged ip range with different subnet
already exists in zone 1".
However I was able to add them when I specified vlan ids.
Then I tried to request additional ips to virtual router(I have isolated
network there - VMs have ips from 10.1.1.0/24, and public ips are assigned
to virtual router). First they were picked randomly from the first /28
network, when it was exhausted, then ips were picked from first /24 and so
on.
I wanted to assign ips from 2 different class C networks to virtual router,
but I did not found the way to do this. Though it is possible to assign ip
to VM via deployVirtualMachine API call, there is no such possibility
in associateIpAddress API call.

I have following questions:
-why it is impossible to add more than 1 untagged network to public
(Infrastructure>Zones>zone0>eth0>Public)

-is it somehow possible to specify ip (or network pool) that would be
assigned to virtual router ?

-is there any way to see current IP usage (some kind of IP management) ? I
wish to see list of ips and corresponding router vms/account names these ip
are bound to. I.e. i receive abuse on some ip address. How do I find
account this ip does belong ?

-is there way to manage reverse dns entries from cloudstack ? (I am about
to start writing script that would capture events from cloudstack
management log on associateIpAddress/disassociateIpAddress; get username;
get domain name; update rdns). User should also have ability to set custom
PTR entry. Maybe somebody already faced this problem ? How did you deal
with it ?

--
Regards,
Valery