cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Emneina <aemne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to install CloudStack 4.0 (build 140) on vSphere5.1 using burbank-systemvm-08012012.ova
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 17:10:34 GMT
Hey Carlos... Thats not really how to install cloudstack. cloudstack uses
the system vm's for various distributed utilities... you need to get a hold
of the cloudstack software install it on a separate host, then add the
various resources (compute, networking, storage...) to cloudstack.

I dont actually see anywhere in that 'guide' as to how to install
cloudstack. It just addresses configuring cloudstack. Take a look at this
section of the install guide and let us know if you make further progress:

https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html