cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CloudStack cloudmonkey 4.1.0-snapshot
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 09:04:10 GMT
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Jonathan Bastin
<Jonathan.Bastin@peerpointinternet.co.uk> wrote:
> Can I ask if the multiple IP per guest made it in for vmware.

I don't know, but this may not be the right thread of have discussion
on vmware start another thread maybe?

Regards.

"cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: CloudStack cloudmonkey 4.1.0-snapshot
> Date: Thu, Mar 14, 2013 08:59
>

> As we are getting closer to 4.1.0 release, I want to take this
> opportunity to ask people try out cloudmonkey 4.1.0-snapshot [2]. Pl.
> note that it is not the official release yet but I published this on
> pypi to encourage everyone to use the latest cloudmonkey,
> comment/report-bugs before we'll release cloudmonkey along with
> CloudStack 4.1.0.
>
> Upgrading:
> pip install --upgrade cloudmonkey
>
> Note: The default config path has been changed from
> ~/.cloudmonkey_config to ~/.cloudmonkey/config and some default params
> were changed. See the wiki [3] for usage.
>
> [1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudmonkey/4.0.0
> [2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudmonkey/4.1.0-snapshot
> [3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+cloudmonkey+CLI
>
> Regards.
>
> Changelog since 4.0.0-7[1]:
> - Tabular output with filtering (I bet most people would love this)
> - Better coloring using Pygments using DSL regexes. All ids are
> underlined with red and uuids with specific colors, for now one can
> change colors from printer.py, in future we'll have theme support just
> like in vim/git etc.
> - Better help docs, the new help docs within cloudmonkey are more
> verbose than before with information on parameter type, apiname,
> description.
> - API Sync: Auto-discovers apis with failsafe precache (the total size
> of distribution is less than 60kB, was earlier >150kB)
> - Parsing, shell and pipe fixes
> - Code rewrite: use of meta-programming using closures on config
> params, shell and cloudmonkey DSL (grammar, verb, subject, help
> generation) makes it maintainable. Use unix philosophy that one
> component/method does only one thing, split components into caching,
> shell, config, network request and output/printing; For example if we
> change request url pattern from query to rest, one only needs to
> change requester.py
> - Parameter completion (fuzzy, experimental)
This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.
It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise
used by any other person. If you are not the named recipient please contact the sender and
delete the email from your system. The author's incumbent expressions, views and thoughts
are their own and not necessarily representative of those of the Peer Point Internet Ltd or
associated companies.