cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carlos Reategui <car...@reategui.com>
Subject Re: system vms wont start
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 02:58:12 GMT
woohoo success....

Thanks to Ahmad's email in the other thread regarding enabling local
storage, I decided to see if that would make a difference in my setup too.
 Now my system VMs are up in local storage.  I have also added nfs primary
storage and will now see if I am able to get my own instances up and
running there.


On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Carlos Reategui <creategui@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been able to add my host but the system VM's won't start.  I
> thought it had to do with the avoid state problem mentioned in another
> thread (hence the CS-587) but once I looked further up in the logs, it is
> not.
>
> My setup:
> Management Server: ubuntu 12.04, CS 4.0.1 + CLOUDSTACK-587 (from local apt
> repo built from source), Basic networking
> Hosts: ubuntu 12.04, default xen and xcp-xapi
> Primary storage: NFS, presetup
>
> Excption claims it is unable to find local SR.  This is from my host:
> root@ubuntu:~# df -h
> Filesystem                   Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/mapper/vg00-lv_root     9.2G  1.8G  7.0G  21% /
> udev                         431M  4.0K  431M   1% /dev
> tmpfs                        181M  396K  181M   1% /run
> none                         5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
> none                         452M     0  452M   0% /run/shm
> /dev/sda1                    223M   48M  163M  23% /boot
> 172.30.19.1:/export/primary  5.0T  2.6G  5.0T   1%
> /run/sr-mount/d558fc56-d287-523e-8a9f-0fe061cb36c5
> root@ubuntu:~# xe sr-list
> uuid ( RO)                : d558fc56-d287-523e-8a9f-0fe061cb36c5
>           name-label ( RW): nfs
>     name-description ( RW):
>                 host ( RO): ubuntu
>                 type ( RO): nfs
>         content-type ( RO):
>
>
> uuid ( RO)                : 7648436c-2fdd-e8b4-d1e5-372ac9eeec0d
>           name-label ( RW): XenServer Tools
>     name-description ( RW): XenServer Tools ISOs
>                 host ( RO): <shared>
>                 type ( RO): iso
>         content-type ( RO): iso
>
>
> Management Logs:
> 2013-03-06 16:21:48,858 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (secstorage-1:null) Checking if we need to prepare 1 volumes for
> VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-1-VM]
> 2013-03-06 16:21:48,861 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (secstorage-1:null) Creating volume: Vol[1|vm=1|ROOT]
> 2013-03-06 16:21:48,861 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (secstorage-1:null) Trying to create in Pool[201|PreSetup]
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,399 DEBUG [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-17:null) Seq 1-1910374413: Response Received:
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,400 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (DirectAgent-17:null) Seq 1-1910374413: Processing:  { Ans: , MgmtId:
> 233845174730255, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 110,
> [{"storage.PrimaryStorageDownloadAnswer":{"installPath":"75e4eaaf-fc67-408f-9208-e54352def313","templateSize":565240320,"result":true,"wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,400 DEBUG [agent.manager.AgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-17:null) Seq 1-1910374413: No more commands found
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,401 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Seq 1-1910374413: Received:  { Ans: , MgmtId:
> 233845174730255, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 110, {
> PrimaryStorageDownloadAnswer } }
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,405 DEBUG [cloud.template.TemplateManagerImpl]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Template 1 is downloaded via 1
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,415 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Seq 1-1910374414: Sending  { Cmd , MgmtId:
> 233845174730255, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111,
> [{"storage.CreateCommand":{"volId":2,"pool":{"id":201,"uuid":"nfs","host":"localhost","path":"/nfs","port":0,"type":"PreSetup"},"diskCharacteristics":{"size":0,"tags":[],"type":"ROOT","name":"ROOT-2","useLocalStorage":false,"recreatable":true,"diskOfferingId":8,"volumeId":2,"hyperType":"XenServer"},"templateUrl":"75e4eaaf-fc67-408f-9208-e54352def313","wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,417 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Seq 1-1910374414: Executing:  { Cmd , MgmtId:
> 233845174730255, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111,
> [{"storage.CreateCommand":{"volId":2,"pool":{"id":201,"uuid":"nfs","host":"localhost","path":"/nfs","port":0,"type":"PreSetup"},"diskCharacteristics":{"size":0,"tags":[],"type":"ROOT","name":"ROOT-2","useLocalStorage":false,"recreatable":true,"diskOfferingId":8,"volumeId":2,"hyperType":"XenServer"},"templateUrl":"75e4eaaf-fc67-408f-9208-e54352def313","wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,417 DEBUG [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-19:null) Seq 1-1910374414: Executing request
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,563 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-19:null) SR retrieved for 201
> 2013-03-06 16:22:00,576 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-19:null) Checking nfs or SR
> d558fc56-d287-523e-8a9f-0fe061cb36c5 on
> XS[7b697b0e-b3fa-6bce-6105-14aa4c399506-172.30.45.13]
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,407 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-19:null) Succesfully created VDI for
> com.cloud.agent.api.storage.CreateCommand.  Uuid =
> 1f842f76-d328-48bc-b638-08be7433e88a
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,408 DEBUG [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-19:null) Seq 1-1910374414: Response Received:
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,410 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (DirectAgent-19:null) Seq 1-1910374414: Processing:  { Ans: , MgmtId:
> 233845174730255, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 110,
> [{"storage.CreateAnswer":{"volume":{"id":2,"name":"ROOT-2","mountPoint":"/nfs","path":"1f842f76-d328-48bc-b638-08be7433e88a","size":2147483648,"type":"ROOT","storagePoolType":"PreSetup","storagePoolUuid":"nfs","deviceId":0},"requestTemplateReload":false,"result":true,"wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,410 DEBUG [agent.manager.AgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-19:null) Seq 1-1910374414: No more commands found
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,410 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Seq 1-1910374414: Received:  { Ans: , MgmtId:
> 233845174730255, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 110, { CreateAnswer } }
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,416 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Volume Vol[2|vm=2|ROOT] is created on
> Pool[201|PreSetup]
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,435 DEBUG [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Boot Args for VM[ConsoleProxy|v-2-VM]:  template=domP
> type=consoleproxy host=172.30.45.2 port=8250 name=v-2-VM premium=true
> zone=1 pod=1 guid=Proxy.2 proxy_vm=2 disable_rp_filter=true
> eth2ip=172.30.45.169 eth2mask=255.255.255.0 gateway=172.30.45.1
> eth0ip=169.254.3.56 eth0mask=255.255.0.0 eth1ip=172.30.45.59
> eth1mask=255.255.255.0 mgmtcidr=172.30.45.0/24 localgw=172.30.45.1
> internaldns1=172.30.20.176 internaldns2=172.30.20.177 dns1=172.30.20.176
> dns2=172.30.20.177
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,483 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Seq 1-1910374415: Sending  { Cmd , MgmtId:
> 233845174730255, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111,
> [{"StartCommand":{"vm":{"id":2,"name":"v-2-VM","bootloader":"PyGrub","type":"ConsoleProxy","cpus":1,"speed":500,"minRam":1073741824,"maxRam":1073741824,"arch":"x86_64","os":"Debian
> GNU/Linux 6(64-bit)","bootArgs":" template=domP type=consoleproxy
> host=172.30.45.2 port=8250 name=v-2-VM premium=true zone=1 pod=1
> guid=Proxy.2 proxy_vm=2 disable_rp_filter=true eth2ip=172.30.45.169
> eth2mask=255.255.255.0 gateway=172.30.45.1 eth0ip=169.254.3.56
> eth0mask=255.255.0.0 eth1ip=172.30.45.59 eth1mask=255.255.255.0 mgmtcidr=
> 172.30.45.0/24 localgw=172.30.45.1 internaldns1=172.30.20.176
> internaldns2=172.30.20.177 dns1=172.30.20.176
> dns2=172.30.20.177","rebootOnCrash":false,"enableHA":false,"limitCpuUse":false,"vncPassword":"3d2759124df2d5eb","params":{},"uuid":"b6c396f8-25c7-4103-9b86-3944e77686a3","disks":[{"id":2,"name":"ROOT-2","mountPoint":"/nfs","path":"1f842f76-d328-48bc-b638-08be7433e88a","size":2147483648,"type":"ROOT","storagePoolType":"PreSetup","storagePoolUuid":"nfs","deviceId":0}],"nics":[{"deviceId":2,"networkRateMbps":200,"defaultNic":true,"uuid":"0b0846cf-a554-4c46-80d2-ca5275624d1d","ip":"172.30.45.169","netmask":"255.255.255.0","gateway":"172.30.45.1","mac":"06:54:66:00:00:60","dns1":"172.30.20.176","dns2":"172.30.20.177","broadcastType":"Native","type":"Guest","broadcastUri":"vlan://untagged","isolationUri":"ec2://untagged","isSecurityGroupEnabled":false},{"deviceId":0,"networkRateMbps":-1,"defaultNic":false,"uuid":"7348c8a8-9815-4940-99a7-ed9c503d16fc","ip":"169.254.3.56","netmask":"255.255.0.0","gateway":"169.254.0.1","mac":"0e:00:a9:fe:03:38","broadcastType":"LinkLocal","type":"Control","isSecurityGroupEnabled":false},{"deviceId":1,"networkRateMbps":-1,"defaultNic":false,"uuid":"c6222ef4-2750-4d9a-bb2b-f0f0027fb1be","ip":"172.30.45.59","netmask":"255.255.255.0","gateway":"172.30.45.1","mac":"06:12:82:00:00:0a","broadcastType":"Native","type":"Management","isSecurityGroupEnabled":false}]},"wait":0}},{"check.CheckSshCommand":{"ip":"169.254.3.56","port":3922,"interval":6,"retries":100,"name":"v-2-VM","wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,490 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Seq 1-1910374415: Executing:  { Cmd , MgmtId:
> 233845174730255, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111,
> [{"StartCommand":{"vm":{"id":2,"name":"v-2-VM","bootloader":"PyGrub","type":"ConsoleProxy","cpus":1,"speed":500,"minRam":1073741824,"maxRam":1073741824,"arch":"x86_64","os":"Debian
> GNU/Linux 6(64-bit)","bootArgs":" template=domP type=consoleproxy
> host=172.30.45.2 port=8250 name=v-2-VM premium=true zone=1 pod=1
> guid=Proxy.2 proxy_vm=2 disable_rp_filter=true eth2ip=172.30.45.169
> eth2mask=255.255.255.0 gateway=172.30.45.1 eth0ip=169.254.3.56
> eth0mask=255.255.0.0 eth1ip=172.30.45.59 eth1mask=255.255.255.0 mgmtcidr=
> 172.30.45.0/24 localgw=172.30.45.1 internaldns1=172.30.20.176
> internaldns2=172.30.20.177 dns1=172.30.20.176
> dns2=172.30.20.177","rebootOnCrash":false,"enableHA":false,"limitCpuUse":false,"vncPassword":"3d2759124df2d5eb","params":{},"uuid":"b6c396f8-25c7-4103-9b86-3944e77686a3","disks":[{"id":2,"name":"ROOT-2","mountPoint":"/nfs","path":"1f842f76-d328-48bc-b638-08be7433e88a","size":2147483648,"type":"ROOT","storagePoolType":"PreSetup","storagePoolUuid":"nfs","deviceId":0}],"nics":[{"deviceId":2,"networkRateMbps":200,"defaultNic":true,"uuid":"0b0846cf-a554-4c46-80d2-ca5275624d1d","ip":"172.30.45.169","netmask":"255.255.255.0","gateway":"172.30.45.1","mac":"06:54:66:00:00:60","dns1":"172.30.20.176","dns2":"172.30.20.177","broadcastType":"Native","type":"Guest","broadcastUri":"vlan://untagged","isolationUri":"ec2://untagged","isSecurityGroupEnabled":false},{"deviceId":0,"networkRateMbps":-1,"defaultNic":false,"uuid":"7348c8a8-9815-4940-99a7-ed9c503d16fc","ip":"169.254.3.56","netmask":"255.255.0.0","gateway":"169.254.0.1","mac":"0e:00:a9:fe:03:38","broadcastType":"LinkLocal","type":"Control","isSecurityGroupEnabled":false},{"deviceId":1,"networkRateMbps":-1,"defaultNic":false,"uuid":"c6222ef4-2750-4d9a-bb2b-f0f0027fb1be","ip":"172.30.45.59","netmask":"255.255.255.0","gateway":"172.30.45.1","mac":"06:12:82:00:00:0a","broadcastType":"Native","type":"Management","isSecurityGroupEnabled":false}]},"wait":0}},{"check.CheckSshCommand":{"ip":"169.254.3.56","port":3922,"interval":6,"retries":100,"name":"v-2-VM","wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,490 DEBUG [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) Seq 1-1910374415: Executing request
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,636 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) 1. The VM v-2-VM is in Starting state.
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,734 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) Created VM d2b354d1-6c06-b6f7-805e-489da21af530 for
> v-2-VM
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,861 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) PV args are -- quiet
> console=hvc0%template=domP%type=consoleproxy%host=172.30.45.2%port=8250%name=v-2-VM%premium=true%zone=1%pod=1%guid=Proxy.2%proxy_vm=2%disable_rp_filter=true%eth2ip=172.30.45.169%eth2mask=255.255.255.0%gateway=172.30.45.1%eth0ip=169.254.3.56%eth0mask=255.255.0.0%eth1ip=172.30.45.59%eth1mask=255.255.255.0%mgmtcidr=
> 172.30.45.0/24%localgw=172.30.45.1%internaldns1=172.30.20.176%internaldns2=172.30.20.177%dns1=172.30.20.176%dns2=172.30.20.177
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,918 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) VBD e879be32-9292-ca96-a273-34dd69112fb1 created for
> Vol[2|ROOT|1f842f76-d328-48bc-b638-08be7433e88a|2147483648]
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,919 WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) Catch Exception: class
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException due to
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: can not find local sr
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: can not find local sr
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.createPatchVbd(XcpOssResource.java:109)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1285)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.execute(XcpOssResource.java:142)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:497)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.executeRequest(XcpOssResource.java:136)
>         at
> com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.run(DirectAgentAttache.java:191)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:266)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,920 WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) Unable to start v-2-VM due to
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: can not find local sr
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.createPatchVbd(XcpOssResource.java:109)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1285)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.execute(XcpOssResource.java:142)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:497)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.executeRequest(XcpOssResource.java:136)
>         at
> com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.run(DirectAgentAttache.java:191)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:266)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,980 WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) Unable to clean up VBD due to
> You gave an invalid object reference.  The object may have recently been
> deleted.  The class parameter gives the type of reference given, and the
> handle parameter echoes the bad value given.
>         at com.xensource.xenapi.Types.checkResponse(Types.java:207)
>         at com.xensource.xenapi.Connection.dispatch(Connection.java:368)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerConnectionPool$XenServerConnection.dispatch(XenServerConnectionPool.java:909)
>         at com.xensource.xenapi.VBD.unplug(VBD.java:1054)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.handleVmStartFailure(CitrixResourceBase.java:1092)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1353)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.execute(XcpOssResource.java:142)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:497)
>         at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.executeRequest(XcpOssResource.java:136)
>         at
> com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.run(DirectAgentAttache.java:191)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:266)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
> 2013-03-06 16:22:01,982 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) The VM is in stopped state, detected problem during
> startup : v-2-VM
> 2013-03-06 16:22:02,344 DEBUG [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-25:null) Seq 1-1910374415: Cancelling because one of the
> answers is false and it is stop on error.
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message