cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jan Lambertz <jd.arb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Cloudstack VDI
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:55:18 GMT
Hello Clouders,

i'm planning a infrastructure setup for a quite large software development
project. developer workstations have to be virtual desktops for many
different reasons. the development infrastructure (database, ticket,
domain, kerberos, mail, print, middleware, clients, net, storage, build,
test, versioning, and so on) must be able to grow fast and be flexible.
I had a look at different software like: Ovirt, Citrix XenDesktop,
OpenStack, Opennebula, OSDTV.. and perhaps some more i have already
forgotten.
Nothing seems to bring VDI and IaaS really together. of course i know that
it's possible to setup Citrix for VDI and some IaaS platform for the rest
but i already have quite a big bag of software, servers, technology to
manage and don't want to put another thing on top.
What comes closest seems to be Citrix XenDesktop but this will get very
expensive and i'm not a big fan of closed source.

So, my question, does anyone have experience with something like this ? how
do you solve similar problems ?