cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Jake G." <Dj_dark_jungl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: VMWare 5.1 Support
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:41:30 GMT
The trickiest part is getting all the network info correct each portion of CS.

What tripped my up for the longest time was that the networks must have the same labels as
the vswitch names in vcenter.

For example
admin network has the name: admin_NW for vswitch0
In CS you must give the same name to match vcenter.
Also you must set the description label to vswitch0.

The same goes for other Networks you may have.

The last part that was an issue was you must give a arbitrary vlan range for your guest instances
to use. These vlans are used by the CS only and do not need to be configured on your physical
or vswitches.

Hope that helped

On 2013/03/05, at 0:27, Francois Gaudreault <fgaudreault@cloudops.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the precision Jake. We are trying to use VMFS with an iSCSI backend, and we
run into weird issues using 4.0.1. In fact, we are not able to spin any VM using templates.

> We will grab the 4.1 branch, and test it :) Like I said, we will log bugs in the BTS
in the process.

> Francois
>
> On 2013-03-04 10:21 AM, Jake G. wrote:
>> No I am using NFS off my NAS as both primary and secondary.
>>
>> On 2013/03/05, at 0:14, Francois Gaudreault <fgaudreault@cloudops.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No issues? I am curious, are you using VMFS as your primary storage?
>>>
>>> Francois

IP to an instance.

5.1.  This relies on the fact that VMware allows for some forward compatibility of their API.
 It's still using an older VMware SDK in the

CloudStack uses, and is a work-in-progress.

point by running supported features and new features on the specified HV version.

only effort as we upgraded some of the HW.  4.1 code base has been used for this testing.

CloudStack.