cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Problems starting management server
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 03:12:06 GMT
Hi Aniket,

Is MySQL listening on the IPV6 loopback interface ::1? See below for the connection test on
a freshly installed CentOS 6.3 with MySQL. It fails on the V6 loopback.

Fix could be to either bind MySQL to ::1 or to remove the V6 loopback entry in /etc/hosts.

Hth.

[root@db01 ~]# telnet ::1 mysql
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
[root@db01 ~]# telnet 127.0.0.1 mysql
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
8
5.1.66-log?<!.c,M~vk6i1U:`Ug+:
^]
telnet> Connection closed.
[root@db01 ~]#

Regards.

--
Shanker Balan
Managing Consultant

[cid:E7CE8425-E245-4C99-B967-713DF2967392@local]

M: +91 98860 60539
shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
| Twitter:@shapeblue
ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit 2201, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

On 09-Mar-2013, at 10:05 PM, Aniket Kulkarni <aniket@gslab.com<mailto:aniket@gslab.com>>
wrote:

oh, I guess yes, it has. I'll try removing that and will try restoring db.properties file's
IP entries as before. But why IPv6 entry in hosts file will cause this issue? Any guess?