cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Lawler <maurice.law...@me.com>
Subject Re: KVM | Loading Additional Volume | Windows
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 06:47:57 GMT
I under what you are saying, however, I have loaded Windows (well I redeployed my Cloud Stack
tonight) but last night, I had a Windows 2008 R2 64Bit Instance installed and going strong.
I powered it down, because I thought perhaps I would then be able to see the instance to add
the volume (data disk) however no luck. Online / Offline, I cannot attach a data disk to windows;
the only thing that I can attach it to is Linux instances I already have on.

I must admit, last night I was running CS 3.0.2 -- now i am running 4.0 -- I will throw a
Windows Instance online and see if this version allows me to do what I want to do.

 =)

On Mar 29, 2013, at 1:39 AM, Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosinski@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are performing an ISO installation in CloudStack, you cannot add
> an extra data disk until after the VM is initially created.
> Template-based deployments allow you to deploy the VM with one data disk.
>
> If you have an existing VM, you can attach data disks to it.  Here is a
> screen shot.
>
> http://i45.tinypic.com/2lt6d6p.png
>
> Best regards,
> Kirk
>
> On 03/28/2013 11:25 PM, Maurice Lawler wrote:
>> Hi there Kirk,
>>
>> Okay, when I load up Windows 2008 R2 on a small drive. Then add a new DATA disk,
I have no choice to add it to the Windows Instance, however; I can add it to any and all Linux
Flavors without issue.