cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Can we schedule to delete the VM instance
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 04:40:09 GMT
On 20-Mar-2013, at 10:04 AM, Deepak Yadav <deepak.x.u@gmail.com<mailto:deepak.x.u@gmail.com>>
 wrote:

Ok !!!

So can we schedule the Instance after 30 Days it will automatically get
"expunge".

This feature is currently not available in CloudStack and I don't believe there are any plans
for adding such a feature either. You could file a enhancement request in JIRA.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

My scenario is that At the time of provisioning or after VM instance
creation can we set the time for the Life of that instance.
so that after that time it will automatically get deleted.

So thats where The CLoudMonkey "utility" comes into picture. The utility allows you to write
a wrapper script that can do the scheduling.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Shanker Balan