cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From COCHE Sébastien <SCO...@sigma.fr>
Subject CS 4.0.0 : Plateforme capacity calculation...
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:56:29 GMT
Hello all,

I am very surprise about resources capacity calculation in CS 4.0.0.

It seems that CloudStack doesn't care about free resources provided by hypervisor plateform.

For example, on my platform, I have 2 Vmware hypervisors (5.0), 10% used and CloudStack show
only 10% resources free. So it lock every new VM creation.

The same thing happen on the storage side, based on NetApp (NFS). NFS DataStore (dedup on)
show only 20% storage consumption when CloudStack told 95%.

What is wrong ?

Did I miss something ?

Is there a configuration to bypass this issue ?

What about CloudStack next release ?

Regards

Sébastien Coché, Architecte Infrastructure
Direction Veille & Méthodes

(+33) 2.53.48.92.57 - poste : 92.57

(+33) 6.22.25.03.74

SIGMA Informatique - http://www.sigma.fr/