cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack - KickStart
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:45:52 GMT
Citrix say it's ok to use DHCP on bonded interfaces. If you do this Citrix recommends "configuring
the MAC address on the bond if you are using DHCP".
http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/27046-102-666250/XS-design-network_advanced.pdf

Regards,

Paul Angus
S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784
paul.angus@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Valencia [mailto:edwardv@redapt.com]
Sent: 25 March 2013 17:45
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack - KickStart

Specifically with CloudStack and XenServer is it ok to use DHCP on the XenServer when using
bonded interfaces?

On Monday, March 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Paul Angus wrote:
> Maurice,
> Our provisioning technique, uses DHCP to PXE boot the host, then a post-boot script downloads
a CSV with host information tied to the MAC address of the primary interface in the host.

> Static IPs, hostnames and any other host specific settings can be extracted from the
csv and applied automatically.

> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 paul.angus@shapeblue.com

to make the ks.cfg a cgi bin and configure a static ip per host in that way.

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Prasanna Santhanam <tsp@apache.org
> (mailto:tsp@apache.org)>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 01:57:50PM +0530, Sunilreddy Kovvuri wrote:
> > > I am working on kickstart installation of hosts.I had installed
> > > ubuntu OS and cloud-agent with dependencies with kickstart. Can we
> > > generate random static ip address and host names to hosts so that
> > > as soon as the hosts are restarted ,the hosts will be up and
> > > running
> > >

> > Your dhcp server should handle hostname, ip info bit for you.
> > --
> > Prasanna.,

is a registered trademark.

is a registered trademark.