cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Aniket Kulkarni <ani...@gslab.com>
Subject Re: Problems starting management server
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 16:35:48 GMT
oh, I guess yes, it has. I'll try removing that and will try restoring db.properties file's
IP entries as before. But why IPv6 entry in hosts file will cause this issue? Any guess?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Nalley" <david@gnsa.us>
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2013 8:25:40 PM
Subject: Re: Problems starting management server

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Aniket Kulkarni <aniket@gslab.com> wrote:
> I tried logging in using cloud user too and it was working from mysql prompt but not
from cloudstack. But I figured it out. I changed db.properties and changed all "localhost"
and "127.0.0.1" with actual management server IP. Management server and DB are on same node
but seems somehow mysql was blocking connections accessed with above two and was allowing
by actual IP. It is working fine now and I launched my first instance too! Looks cool so far.

> Thanks for pointers anyways. Problem was in exactly the same area.

Does your /etc/hosts line have an IPV6 entry for localhost??
I've seen that cause that problem

--David