cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Taubman, Scott A" <scott.a.taub...@thesiorg.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack 4.0.1 VMWare Support
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 20:44:38 GMT
Ilya,

I'd love to be installing from the nonoss version of the RPMs, but this is the first I've
heard of them existing.  If you know where they're hosted and can point me to them, I'd be
more than grateful.  I'm just an end-user on CloudStack so if I can avoid having to compile
things, that's certainly my preference.

Thanks,
Scott

From: "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 12:45 PM
To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: RE: CloudStack 4.0.1 VMWare Support

Scott,

This is a common question asked on dev@ list. You are missing the non-open source java dependencies.

In the nutshell, we have 2 versions of cloudstack

1) open source - oss - KVM and XEN
2) non open source - nonoss - NetApp, VmWare, F5, NetScaler, etc...

If you are installing with RPMs, make sure you download the nonoss version.

If you are downloading a source from apache git, the INSTALL.md file describes in good amount
of detail what to do and where to get the missing files. Please search the dev maling or cloudstack
wiki, Wido hosts a repository with all dependencies, I just don't have the link handy.

Regards
ilya