cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: what are folks using for replication?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:21:18 GMT
On 13.03.2013 19:09, Outback Dingo wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
>> On 13.03.2013 01:42, Outback Dingo wrote:
>>
>>> one word, one filesystem, ZFS
>>>

>> If you want to scale you need Ceph/GlusterFS/XtreemeFS/etc. ZFS is
>> for
>> when you only have one NFS server and you don't want to grow.
>>

> Well thats not exactly true, ZFS can be used in various environments
> of
> which scalability is required also. Many people dont realize stacking
> swift, on top of ZFS provides one such  environment if scalability is
> required, the original question was about replication, if your going
> throw scalability into play, it can
> also be accomplished with ZFS included in the mix with a clustering
> solution

Agreed to the swift idea, but in this particular case he needs to
replicate MS SQL. He needs a distributed filesystem of some sort or
something like Gallera, but for MS SQL. I'm sure Microsoft developed
something like this considering the amazing prices they charge for it.
;-)

Anyway, 1500 miles will add a lot of latency ... I'm curious how this
will end up. :)

Nux!
www.nux.ro