cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KVM | Loading Additional Volume | Windows
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 22:43:14 GMT
Are you creating a new data disk to attach, or is it an existing data
disk?  If the data disk was previously attached to a VM on a different
hypervisor, you won't be able to attach it to the new VM.  Besides that,
I'm not sure what else would cause this problem.

Best regards,
Kirk

On 03/28/2013 11:47 PM, Maurice Lawler wrote:
> I under what you are saying, however, I have loaded Windows (well I redeployed my Cloud
Stack tonight) but last night, I had a Windows 2008 R2 64Bit Instance installed and going
strong. I powered it down, because I thought perhaps I would then be able to see the instance
to add the volume (data disk) however no luck. Online / Offline, I cannot attach a data disk
to windows; the only thing that I can attach it to is Linux instances I already have on.

> I must admit, last night I was running CS 3.0.2 -- now i am running 4.0 -- I will throw
a Windows Instance online and see if this version allows me to do what I want to do.

>  =)
>
> On Mar 29, 2013, at 1:39 AM, Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosinski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you are performing an ISO installation in CloudStack, you cannot add
>> an extra data disk until after the VM is initially created.
>> Template-based deployments allow you to deploy the VM with one data disk.
>>
>> If you have an existing VM, you can attach data disks to it.  Here is a
>> screen shot.
>>
>> http://i45.tinypic.com/2lt6d6p.png
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Kirk
>>
>> On 03/28/2013 11:25 PM, Maurice Lawler wrote:
>>> Hi there Kirk,
>>>
>>> Okay, when I load up Windows 2008 R2 on a small drive. Then add a new DATA disk,
I have no choice to add it to the Windows Instance, however; I can add it to any and all Linux
Flavors without issue.