cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paolo De Marco <paolo.dema...@realcomm.it>
Subject Re: CentOS with X Server
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:48:57 GMT
Il put 4gb but nothing..
text install is not a problem. After this i install x, gnome ecc. ecc..
Then i modify /etc/inittab and set runlevel 5. Reboot but nothing
change... always boot in text mode....
If I select "Other Centos 6.0 64bit" I can start install in graphical
mode. I complete the install but when i reboot the VM i see in console
only lines....
Thanks

Il 18/03/2013 16:39, Ahmad Emneina ha scritto:
> I believe the guest os wants a minimum amount of ram to run the graphical installer.
Try bumping up the memory by installing with a larger service offering and see if that helps.

> Ahmad
>
> On Mar 18, 2013, at 8:23 AM, Paolo De Marco <paolo.demarco@realcomm.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I've cloudstack 4.0.1 installed and worked with Xen.
>> I have sever template. Now I want to add a template with CentOS 6.3 with X server.
I can install all but CentOS start only in text mode... Startx doesn't work. Same thing with
Ubuntu 12.04.