cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Aniket <ani...@gslab.com>
Subject Problems starting management server
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:00:59 GMT
We are using Cloudplatform v3.0.6 trial release. I believe underneath
cloudstack there is v3.0.2.
I successfully did single node install but then now management server
refuses to start. When I check server logs it says it's not able to
connect to mysql. I followed all steps in guide and fo rtime being, in
fact I tried stopping firewall on the box. I'm manually able to connect
to "cloud" database as a root user. Also that works from remote box. I'm
right now completely stuck on this as fro mysql context there's no issue
but somehow management server is not able to connect to it.

[root@csk-controller1 CloudStack-3.0.6-1-rhel6.2]# /etc/init.d/iptables
status
iptables: Firewall is not running.

[root@csk-controller1 CloudStack-3.0.6-1-rhel6.2]# sestatus
SELinux status:                 disabled

[root@csk-controller1 CloudStack-3.0.6-1-rhel6.2]# mysql -h 10.43.10.21
-u root -pCloudstack123
Your MySQL connection id is 7
Server version: 5.1.67-log Source distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql>

# Still see this in management server logs:
2013-03-08 17:19:24,793 ERROR [db.Transaction.Transaction] (main:null)
Unexpected exception:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:
Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3
times. Giving up.

All permissions are granted for root user for all databases (*.*).
Appreciate any quick help or pointers. This is all Centos 6.3 based
clean install.

--
Thanks,
Aniket