cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Francois Gaudreault <fgaudrea...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: XenServer and VMWare Cluster, same Zone/Pod
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 19:20:43 GMT
> Just to confirm, you can create a Cloud with a single Zone, containing both XenServer
Clusters and VMware Clusters, but you should create unique PODs, one for XenServer and one
for VMware
This should be documented :P (or maybe it is)

> Because XenServer uses LinkLocal and VMware does not, the Reserved IP Ranges for each
POD will be significantly different.

> Regarding System VMs, there is a Global Setting which allow you to control which Hypervisor
the System VMs will prefer, its 'system.vm.default.hypervisor' if you do not set this, it
typically creates them on the first available Cluster, then sticks with that Hypervisor type.

> Changing that global setting, restarting the management service, then destroying the
system VMs will see them move from one type of hypervisor to another, I have done this many
time, so if it's not working, you have a problem somewhere.
That explains couple issues I had with the VRs.  They were constantly
trying to launch on the last added cluster (in my case VMWare).

Thanks for the precisions Geoff!

Francois

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not
the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,

Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com
514-629-6775
- - -