cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Can I modify a certain existed zone dynamically?
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:53:54 GMT
So one way to do it from the UI is like this -

Go to infrastructure - > Zones -> <Your Zone> - > Physical Network - > Select
the type of network (Public , Guest etc) and add the new details here

Another feature to support multiple Vlan Ranges is under development and will be available
in the next apache cloudstack release.

Thanks,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Wang Fei [mailto:pythonee@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 9:15 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Can I modify a certain existed zone dynamically?

the term dynamically here means not shutdown manage-server.

sometimes, I need to add vlan or add public ip to a existed zone. but I could not find how
to do in the UI and api. I assume the only way to extend the vlan range or add more public
ip is to add another zone. But it is very low cost-effective.

so, what can I modify on a zone at runtime for current version cloudstack?

----
best regards