cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: cloud-init
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:08:12 GMT
On 12.02.2013 15:46, David Nalley wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've got some templates made for openstack that don't really have
>> anything
>> openstack-specific, only they use the cloud-init package. What need I
>> do in
>> cloudstack to get cloud-init working as expected?
>>
>> This would also be great in general, many distros nowadays make
>> cloud-init
>> enabled templates for the cloud (ubuntu & fedora to name the main
>> ones).
>>

> Abayer says that modern cloud-inits just work provided you are using
> dhclient.
>
> --David

That's great! I was dreading new template creation etc.
Does cloud-init-0.6.3 qualify as modern? It's what EPEL ships for EL6,
which is what I'm mostly interested in.
Last I tried in a cloudstack installed after your runbook, cloud-init
just timed out trying to get to the data. Do I need to install/run
anything in particular?

Nux!
www.nux.ro