cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is SDN Production Ready?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:09:34 GMT

On Feb 18, 2013, at 2:46 PM, Jonas Vachal <jonas@vertexcg.com> wrote:

> Is anyone using SDN (specifically the GRE isolation method) in production?  There is
very little documentation or reference to it out there.

I can't speak for production, but I am testing it right now in a small setup.
The available doc (functional spec) is at https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/ovs-tunnel-manager-for-cloudstack.html

You need XenServer 6+ to do it. I am testing it currently with XCP 1.6 and I will report if
I am successful.

> We built a test deployment back in September prior to the official 4.0 release but did
not get much traction with it as we could not see the GRE isolation method as an option to
select during zone creation.

GRE isolation is definitely in the 4.0.1 release (  I did it Friday), when you create an advanced
zone

-sebastien