cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asmita Vagyani <Asmita.Vagy...@sigma-systems.com>
Subject Asynchronous Request Handling
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:45:38 GMT
Hi all,

We are using the cloudstack 4 APIs - deployVM and destroyVM.
Both the calls are asynchronous.

We are trying to find a way how we can keep on polling the CS4 management server for the Job
status.
The issue is , the VM creation can take much time than expected.... is there any time limit
say x hours after which I can say I will will get the Job Status as success/failure.
Because, VM creation process cannot go on forever.

If, during the process of creation if I want to abort this VM creation process, can I do it?

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.