cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Virtual Router Uncontactable
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:21:04 GMT
Paul,

Ususally you have 2 ips assigned to a router, check both.

Connect to router vm via console.

Check the routing table. Try pinging the CS host from router vm.
Then try pinging the router vm from cs, if that solves your issue - its an arp related problem.

Regards
ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Sanders [mailto:paul.sanders87@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:02 AM
To: cloudstack-users
Subject: Re: Virtual Router Uncontactable

Thanks Geoff.

To prove the issue, I have added a second NIC to my management server and added it to cloud.private.untagged.0.1-vswitch1.
This is now working.
Should my server be connected to this?

This makes me question a few other networking confusions:
1) Is the management network always untagged? If so, how can we route between hosts. At present
I am using a native vlan on that vswitch network port.
2) As vmware doesn't have a 'Link Local' address, why is it assigning IP addresses from my
management network. And is this as secure?

Thanks

Paul

---
Kind Regards