cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chris Mutchler <ch...@leibnizcreations.com>
Subject iSCSI mounts and primary storage
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 18:11:47 GMT
I am in the designing phase of creating a private cloud using CloudStack.
The current portion I am focusing my efforts on is the primary storage
design. I could use an iSCSI SAN as the primary storage, but if I do so is
it possible for CloudStack to create/use individual LUN for each VM as
opposed to a single LUN for the cluster?

The other primary storage solution I am looking at is using GlusterFS. It
appears to be another good solution for creating a private cloud with
expandability and high-availability functionality in mind.

What have other users decided for their primary storage devices and what
suggestions do you have for someone designing a private cloud solution?

Thank you in advance for you time.
--
Chris Mutchler
chris@leibnizcreations.com