cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sunilreddy Kovvuri <sunil570....@gmail.com>
Subject Setting up private cloud
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 06:21:04 GMT
Background:
 - We are using cloudstack 4.0 for our POC activities.
 - Configuration details are as below:
    - Ubuntu 12.04 with 1 NIC card(eth0) and wifi(wlan0)
    - Router/switch:No

 - One of the use-case that we are trying to accomplish is to provision
virtual machines from our private cloud.

Issue:
- As we do not want to use a dedicated router, we would like to use the
same cloudstack server as router (i.e. DHCP server run by cloudstack should
communicate with this router for private IPs).
- We would like to nat the network traffic from public ip on to private ip
such that vm instances will only have ip which is from private network.
- Another reason why we want to go this route is, we have a very limited
number of public IPs.

The issue is, we are unable to get this kind of a setup implemented.

Options we tried so far:

- Setting up a gateway on a different machine which can serve private IPs
- Using the above gateway for cloudstack server and agent
    - Reconfigured the Zones and Guest Network in cloudstack UI to point to
the new gateway
- Restarted the cloudstack server and attempting to launch consoles throws
up the error - "Server not found" and the log shows - "Found 0 routers"

Any inputs on how we can fix this issue?

Will realhostip.com will look for the public network for internet access?