cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Removing Cloudstack
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:59:31 GMT
Can you put primary storage into maintenance mode from UI? It will remove heart beat on xen
host automatically.

From: Tom Bean [mailto:tom.bean@changingworkplace.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:35 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Removing Cloudstack

Hi All,

So I am testing removing Cloudstack's management of a xen pool.

All I thought I would need to do is to stop cloud-management service. This works fine and
it stops the management of the VM's, however I notice that the heart beat files on my storage
repositories is still being updated every minute. What process is controlling this? Is there
a cloudstack service running on each of the Xen hosts, because I cannot see anything?

Thanks.

Tom Bean

Infrastructure & Support Analyst

The Changing Workplace

Phone:
Fax:
Email:
Skype:
Address:
Website:
News:

+44 (0)1444 44 1000 ext 316
+44 (0)1444 44 0944
tom.bean@changingworkplace.com<mailto:tom.bean@changingworkplace.com>
Contact me via Skype<skype:thomas.bean.cwp?chat>
1 Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1BY, United Kingdom
changingworkplace.com<http://www.changingworkplace.com/>
Sign up for our newsletter<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=wbsdkygab&p=oi&m=1106769987638>

[cid:image001.gif@01CE1500.0431F810]<https://twitter.com/The_CWP>[cid:image002.gif@01CE1500.0431F810]<http://facebook.com/TheChangingWorkplace>[cid:image003.gif@01CE1500.0431F810]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/the-changing-workplace>

Changing the world we work in by providing best-in-class software services to the Corporate
Real Estate sector

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

Important Information

This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential and/or privileged and are intended
solely for the named recipient/s. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the sender immediately and delete this email. You should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose
its contents to any other person.

The Changing Workplace cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of
the contents of this e-mail as it has been transmitted over a public network and Internet
communications are not secure.

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where specifically
stated to be the view of The Changing Workplace. All statements made in this e-mail are subject
to contract. The contents are not to be regarded as a contractual offer or acceptance. The
sender is not authorised to bind The Changing Workplace contractually.

The Changing Workplace cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or compatible with
your systems and does not accept any liability in respect of viruses or computer problems
experienced.

The Changing Workplace is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company
number 3614433 whose registered office is at 1 Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16
1BY, United Kingdom.