cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Xintao Song <xintao.s...@dilatoit.com>
Subject RE: Blue screen appear if using the template uploaded
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:42:21 GMT
Hi Kirk,

   Thanks for your help! According to your hint, I had solved the trouble. I converted the
disk controller of the template to lsilogic by vcenter. It seems that everything is very well
when used the template to create instance on cloudstack.

Regards,
Xintao Song

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirk Kosinski [mailto:kirkkosinski@gmail.com]
Sent: 2013年2月1日 15:12
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Blue screen appear if using the template uploaded

Hi, Xintao.  What disk controller did you configure on your uploaded template?  CloudStack
only uses lsilogic and will ignore any special configuration in the OVF of an uploaded OVA
template, so make sure that any VMs to be imported to CloudStack use the lsilogic disk controller.

This should be simple if you are creating the template yourself, but might be a problem if
you are using a virtual appliance from a vendor.
I saw someone recently who wanted to use a Juniper virtual appliance, but it was configured
with the buslogic controller for some reason and wouldn't boot when deployed via CloudStack
with lsilogic.  In that case Juniper built a new version that used lsilogic, but some vendors
might not be so helpful.

Another possible problem would be if the uploaded template includes multiple VMDKs and needs
them all to boot.  CloudStack doesn't support OVAs with multiple VMDKs (or with ISOs) and
it will only use one VMDK from the OVA.

I'm not sure what else would cause the BSOD you're seeing.  If the above doesn't help, share
a screen shot of the BSOD or at least the error code since it may help narrow down the problem.

Kirk

On 01/31/2013 07:02 PM, Xintao Song wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I had some trouble to create instance by template. But I could not know how to solve
it.

> Problems as below:
>
> I uploaded OVA template to cloudstack, and then create instance by this template, but
the bluescreen appears when the instance start.

> I am sure this template uploaded is well. But I did not know why the bluescreen appeared
by using this template uploaded to create instance on cloudstack.
> If I used ISO to create instance and convert it to template, and then create instance
again by this template, it is very well.