cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Xu <Xuefei...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Data disk not recognizing with windows XP
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 06:11:04 GMT
I assume you are using XenServer,
Looks like you didn't install xs-tools in windows XP VM, without xs-tools guest platform uses
IDE controller , which doesn't support disk hot plug, you need to reboot windows VM, then
the data-disk will show up. Or you can install xs-tools in cloudstack, this is documented
in CloudStack administrator guide( google it)

Other hypervisors have the same problem, you need to install PV driver inside windows XP VM
to support disk hot plug.

Anthony