cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nick Wales <n...@nickwales.co.uk>
Subject Basic Zone DHCP Issues
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 20:40:41 GMT
I have a basic network with a VR providing DHCP and Userdata only. DNS is provided externally.

The zone has a network domain of "pilot.cs.ha" but the dhcp lease gives:

 option domain-name "cloudnine.internal";

Should this not be appropriate for the zone? If not how would I expect the guest to know its
domain?

Running 'hostname -f' returns "hostname: Unknown host" so the fqdn is not getting populated
by DHCP.

What am I missing? All I want is for the guest to come up with its fqdn appropriate to the
zone.

Thanks

Nick