cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Unable to remove POD - There are Private IP addresses allocated to this POD
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:25:49 GMT
Hi Paul

Can you confirm that there are no System VMs running on the POD you wish to remove

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com


-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Sanders [mailto:paul.sanders87@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 February 2013 12:41
To: cloudstack-users
Subject: Re: Unable to remove POD - There are Private IP addresses allocated to this POD

There are current two pods in the infrastructure, both are showing that there are IPs still
available. This is a POC environment, so removing them etc will not cause any issues.

Thanks

---
Kind Regards

Paul Sanders
Mob: 07988 725 883
Mail: paul.sanders87@googlemail.com


On 21 February 2013 10:39, Geoff Higginbottom < geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Is this the last POD in your infrastructure?
>
> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>
> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Sanders [mailto:paul.sanders87@gmail.com]
> Sent: 21 February 2013 10:36
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Unable to remove POD - There are Private IP addresses
> allocated to this POD
>
> Thanks Geoff.
>
> I have set that to 60 a good 40 minutes or so ago and restarted the
> cloud-management service. However, I am still seeing a number of
> 'Management IPs' under my resources. Which DB will these be sat in?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
> ---
> Kind Regards
>
> Paul Sanders
> Mob: 07988 725 883
> Mail: paul.sanders87@googlemail.com
>
>
> On 21 February 2013 09:47, Geoff Higginbottom <
> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> > Simply change the expunge global settings, then restart management
> > service
> >
> > expunge.delay = 60
> > expunge.interval = 60
> >
> > I have seen reference recently to system assuming the minimum value
> > for these is 600, but I always set my test builds to 60, and VMs get
> > expunged within a maximum of 2 mins.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Geoff Higginbottom
> >
> > D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
> >
> > geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Paul Sanders [mailto:paul.sanders87@gmail.com]
> > Sent: 21 February 2013 09:43
> > To: cloudstack-users
> > Subject: Re: Unable to remove POD - There are Private IP addresses
> > allocated to this POD
> >
> > On 21 February 2013 09:38, Geoff Higginbottom <
> > geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > >
> > Thanks Geoff.
> >
> >  Is there a way I can force this expunge process?
> >
> > ---
> > Kind Regards
> >
> > Paul Sanders
> > Mob: 07988 725 883
> > Mail: paul.sanders87@googlemail.com
> > ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and
> > implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises
> > to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined
> > with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and
> > Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or
> end-user.
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
> > intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
> > Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and
> > do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not
> > the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any
> > action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.
> > Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this
> > email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.
> >
> ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and
> implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises
> to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined
> with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and
> Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.
>
> ________________________________
>
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
> intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
> Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do
> not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action
> based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact
> the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape
> Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.
>
ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services
to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s
expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises
to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.

________________________________

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,
nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received
this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.
Mime
View raw message