cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Unable to remove POD - There are Private IP addresses allocated to this POD
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 09:38:32 GMT
Hi Paul,

Having deleted all Guest Instances, and Networks (to delete Virtual Routers) you need to wait
for the expunge process to complete, this will free up the allocated IPs.

Don’t forget your System VMs will also be using IPs, so if this is the last POD in the system
(assuming it’s a test system) you will need to destroy these as well.  Alternatively move
them to a different POD.

You can monitor the status of your IPs using the 'Resources' tab within Infrastructure/Zones,
or if you have access to the DB, use the 'where removed is null' filter to show records which
are still active etc

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Sanders [mailto:paul.sanders87@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 February 2013 09:33
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Unable to remove POD - There are Private IP addresses allocated to this POD

Hello,

I am trying to delete a POD from my CloudStack instance and am getting the error 'There are
Private IP Addresses Allocated to this POD'. However, when I check within the web interface
I can see system vms, routers etc are empty.

Is there a way I can query a list of these IP addresses? I have tried using the API which
fails due to authentication.

Thanks in advance.

---
Kind Regards