cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: CWP - Migrating Dev Pool Out of Cloudstack
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 15:38:11 GMT
Should work…once the agent's off, CS isn't going to go wreck havoc on that box.

Occasionally I'll make a copy of a KVM definition file for a running ACS-managed VM, shut
down the vm, then bring it back up manually via the copied definition file with a new name
(handy when testing KVM configuration options, wouldn't recommend this for production etc).

John

On Feb 20, 2013, at 2:16 AM, Tom Bean <tom.bean@changingworkplace.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to take my dev xen pool out of Cloudstack’s management (I have a separate Cloudstack
dev server running 3.0.2).

> As far as I can tell all I will need to do is turn off the management service on Cloudstack
and everything should carry on running as normal.

> Then I should be able to rename VM’s to understandable names and rename VLAN’s without
any issues.

> Has anyone tried this before or come across any issues with doing this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom Bean
>
> Infrastructure & Support Analyst
>
> The Changing Workplace
> Phone:
> Fax:
> Email:
> Skype:
> Address:
> Website:
> News:
> +44 (0)1444 44 1000 ext 316
> +44 (0)1444 44 0944
> tom.bean@changingworkplace.com
> Contact me via Skype
> 1 Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1BY, United Kingdom
> changingworkplace.com
> Sign up for our newsletter
>
> Changing the world we work in by providing best-in-class software services to the Corporate
Real Estate sector
> Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to
>

> Important Information
>
> This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential and/or privileged and are
intended solely for the named recipient/s. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the sender immediately and delete this email. You should not copy it for any purpose,
or disclose its contents to any other person.

> The Changing Workplace cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness
of the contents of this e-mail as it has been transmitted over a public network and Internet
communications are not secure.

> The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where
specifically stated to be the view of The Changing Workplace. All statements made in this
e-mail are subject to contract. The contents are not to be regarded as a contractual offer
or acceptance. The sender is not authorised to bind The Changing Workplace contractually.

> The Changing Workplace cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or compatible
with your systems and does not accept any liability in respect of viruses or computer problems
experienced.

> The Changing Workplace is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company
number 3614433 whose registered office is at 1 Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16
1BY, United Kingdom.

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella