cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: Reg: Cpanel in cloudstack virtual machinceadvance zone
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:55:52 GMT
On 20.02.2013 05:51, prakash@assistanz.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Is it possible to run cpanel,plesk,directadmin and other control
> panels
> in Vm`s in advance networking.
>
>  Regards,
>  Prakash.M

Hi,

They will install & run but if you use private IPs and NAT you will run
into issues such as this one:
http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/support-1-1-nat-installation-thus-vmware-vcloud-deployments-197011-p2.html

If you want to offer these web panels to customers on a regular basis I
recommend using basic networking with public IPs and you shouldn't have
to deal with any major problems.[1]

This was one of the main reasons I chose Cloudstack over the
competition's products.

[1] - a problem you might hit in this scenario is multiple public IPs
per VM - if you need this - which is not currently supported in
Cloudstack yet; luckily this issue is easily worked around by statically
routing more IPs to the VM's DHCP assigned public IP address.

Nux!
www.nux.ro