cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Oded Nahum <Oded.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: ACS 4.0.1 - errors creating system VMs - KVM on Ubuntu 12.04
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 06:04:29 GMT
This turned out to be a storage issue, not sure why exactly, I'm using NFS and the share was
mounted properly and was in RW mode, I did notice that there was some "junk" on it from previous
install, once it was cleaned up and re-mounted everything started working OK, here is a sample
of the error in agent.log

2013-02-09 20:37:53,186 WARN  [kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource] (agentRequest-Handler-1:null)
Exception
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: org.libvirt.LibvirtException: cannot create
path '/mnt/78fa3e1e-b56c-3bd4-90d6-2c0fb33a52f4/v-2-VM-patchdisk': Operation not permitted
        at com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor.createPhysicalDisk(LibvirtStorageAdaptor.java:556)
        at com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.storage.LibvirtStoragePool.createPhysicalDisk(LibvirtStoragePool.java:101)
        at com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource.createPatchVbd(LibvirtComputingResource.java:2980)
        at com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource.createVbd(LibvirtComputingResource.java:2943)
        at com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource.execute(LibvirtComputingResource.java:2808)
        at com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource.executeRequest(LibvirtComputingResource.java:1035)
        at com.cloud.agent.Agent.processRequest(Agent.java:518)
        at com.cloud.agent.Agent$AgentRequestHandler.doTask(Agent.java:831)
        at com.cloud.utils.nio.Task.run(Task.java:83)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
2013-02-09 20:37:53,188 WARN  [cloud.agent.Agent] (agentRequest-Handler-1:null) Caught:

-Oded