cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: 533 Error text: Unable to create a deployment for VM
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 19:22:44 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Nux! [mailto:nux@li.nux.ro]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:46 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: 533 Error text: Unable to create a deployment for VM

On 14.02.2013 17:37, Ahmad Emneina wrote:
> I think your service offering is looking for a disk type
> (shared/local) and
> not finding what it needs:
>
>    1. 2013-02-14 16:37:26,646 DEBUG
>    [storage.allocator.AbstractStoragePoolAllocator]
> (Job-Executor-2:job-42)
>    StoragePool is not of correct type, skipping this pool
>    2.
>

>>Yes, the disk offerings seem to have "shared" disks, but even with new
>>disk offerings with "local" disk the same thing happens. Or if I choose
>>"no thanks" in the disk section of instance creation, the same happens.

>>Lucian

The error is happening for your VM's ROOT disk - not the data disks. I hope the service offering
you choose for your VM does specify use local storage.

Also after using an offering with local storage, what are the logs that you see? There may
be another issue that leads to the same error code 533 (Unable to create a deployment for
VM)

Thanks,
-Prachi

Nux!