cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack templates and ISOs
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:17:00 GMT
Hey Asmita,

Absolutely you can create your own VMs from ISOs.  There's a drop down box in the templates
sections to register ISOs rather than templates.

You can also use various 3rd party sites to generate templates such as

UShareSoft's app store:

https://www.usharesoft.com/appstore/

You can then white-label it:

http://www.shapeblue.com/appstore/

I'm sure there are others as well.

Regards,

Paul Angus
S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784
paul.angus@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
Sent: 06 February 2013 10:47
To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: Cloudstack templates and ISOs

Hi all,

I have only one template for now CentOS template downloaded from http://download.cloud.com/releases/2.2.0/CentOS5.3-x86_64.ova.
Are there any other templates available ready for use with Cloudstack?

I am using CS4 with VMWare.
I could see the documentation for adding the new templates from the existing VMs to be done
using VMWare.
My question is :
Is it mandatory to have new templates created from the VMWare VMs to be used again for creating
VMs on CS4 admin console?
Also, I have ISOs for the Ubuntu and RHEL.
Can I use these ISOs to be used for creating VMs?

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.