cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Regarding deletion of virtual machine
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 04:57:06 GMT
Sailaja is right in pointing that out but I guess at this point we do not respect the minimum
value if it's less than 600 seconds . So whatever value you might use , the minimum expunge
interval would be 600 sec i.e 10 min approximately.

Thanks,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Sailaja Mada [mailto:sailaja.mada@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:51 AM
To: Sunilreddy Kovvuri; cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Regarding deletion of virtual machine

Hi,

destroyVirtualMachine  API/UI option is to destroy the instance .  This is one of the VM state
before deleting permanently from cloudstack.   In destroy state, User will get option to restore
the VM.

Next state of destroy is expunging  .By default expunge interval set in Cloudstack is 86400
sec.  So change the global config "expunge.interval" to minimum value to get it expunged immediately.
 Expunged is permanent delete from Cloudstack.

Thanks,
Sailaja.M