cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Gaspare A Silvestri <g.silves...@netsons.com>
Subject VM Console Access - API
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:59:25 GMT
Hello everybody,

me and my developement team are trying to access the Virtual Machine
console within our customize portal, accessing through the CS 4.0.1 APIs.

We are not able to perform this task, always receiving the following
error: " _/*Access denied. Invalid web session or API key in request*/_ " .

We have already tried using the following community advices to create
the web access link:

  *

    http://server:8080/client/console?cmd=access&vm=XXXXXXX  <http://cloudstackserver.example.com/client/console?cmd=access&vm=XXXXXXX>

  *

    http://server:8080/client/console?cmd=access&vm=XXXXXXX&signature=XXXXX  <http://cloudstackserver.example.com/client/console?cmd=access&vm=XXXXXXX>

Today I've found the following post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org/msg03923.html,
on which I've read that the direct access to the VM console can be
performed using the APIand Secret KEys plusthe SSO key.

How can we use these three keys to generate the URL to pass to our
application, and finally permitting users accessing the VM console? Or
as alternative, how can we generate the signature showed in the second link?

Thanks in advance, all the best,

Gaspare