cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject mgmt VM access to VPC
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 02:23:08 GMT
Hi,

We're trying to set up a VPC/nTier-App such that a single VM (call it a
management node) outside the VPC has ssh access to the VM's inside the
VPC.  (And to do this for multiple VPC's, same mgmt node.)  What's the
best way to implement this?

It seems like #754 [1] would be the right way to go about this when
available (is that right?) but already there are a few things we could
do now:

- set up an extra public IP on each tier with careful port forwarding
and ACL restricted to the mgmt node
- use an s2s vpn where the other "site" is just the mgmt node
- use a shared network, seems supported based on #748 [2] (but this
would break isolation?)

Any thoughts on these or others?

TIA,
Alex