cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack templates and ISOs
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:33:22 GMT
It is not mandatory to create templates from existing instances.  You have an option to register
ISO/template and make use of it. I guess it answers your question.

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:48 PM
To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Cloudstack templates and ISOs

Yes Sailaja, I saw that in the documentation, its mentioned on http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Admin_Guide/working-with-iso.html

My question is :
I want the new ISOs to be used and the new templates to be created.
Is it mandatory to have new templates created from the VMWare VMs to be used again for creating
VMs on CS4 admin console?
Also, I have ISOs for the Ubuntu and RHEL.
Can I use these ISOs to be used for creating VMs?

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.