cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack templates and ISOs
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:07:37 GMT
Hi,

You can register ISO using "registerIso" API  / from UI => Access templates => select
ISO view from drop down and proceed to register ISO.

Once the download is completed , ISO can be used for instance creation.

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:17 PM
To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: Cloudstack templates and ISOs

Hi all,

I have only one template for now CentOS template downloaded from http://download.cloud.com/releases/2.2.0/CentOS5.3-x86_64.ova.
Are there any other templates available ready for use with Cloudstack?

I am using CS4 with VMWare.
I could see the documentation for adding the new templates from the existing VMs to be done
using VMWare.
My question is :
Is it mandatory to have new templates created from the VMWare VMs to be used again for creating
VMs on CS4 admin console?
Also, I have ISOs for the Ubuntu and RHEL.
Can I use these ISOs to be used for creating VMs?

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.