cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Fabrice Brazier <fabrice.braz...@apalia.net>
Subject Distributed vSwitch and Nexus 1000v
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:34:37 GMT
Hi Folks,

In CCP 3.0.6, we want to use distributed vSwitch with a Nexus 1000v on
VMware.

With a standard vSwitch, CloudStack creates the port group with the correct
VLAN id on the vSwitch and the port group is affected to the VM.

With a distributed vSwitch using Nexus 1000v, it seems that CloudStack
creates the dvPortGroup on the designated dvSwitch.

During the provisioning process, does CloudStack only affect the port
profile to a VM or also create and affect the VLAN id for the VM
automatically ?

We just want to know if we need to do some manual process on the
distributed vSwitch (like associate the right VLAN to the VM) before
provisioning a VM.

Thanks,

Fabrice