cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: instances from template not coming up with networking (eth0) on rhel5/6
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:51:40 GMT
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 09:52:25PM +0530, Jason Pavao wrote:
> Hey Folks,
> Are there any wiki or documentation on what needs to be done to a
> rhel5/6 instances before it can become a template? The symptoms i'm
> experiencing right now are- when a instance gets created from template,
> the vm comes up, but without eth0. I need to manually configure the host
> via console and perform a reboot in order for the new instance to come
> up with networking. Any advice would be very appreciated!

(moved discussion to -users)

No specific wiki AFAIK,

You could start from the ISO, create your instance and make a template
of it. How did you go about creating the template? What is the
BOOTPROTO in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0? Can you turn
off network-manager control for the ip and try again?

Also note RHEL6(.3?) has the ifcfg-em1/em2 convention.

--
Prasanna.,