cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From li_fuqiong <li_fuqi...@venustech.com.cn>
Subject Re: Re: Basic network zone, Instance's network is unreachable.
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 02:39:19 GMT
Thank your reply, Ahmad.

the vm seems does not get an ip address.

use "ifconfig" command, I just got an loopback interface.

Do you  need more information about my environment ?

From: Ahmad Emneina
Date: 2013-02-22 10:33
To: Cloudstack users; li_fuqiong
Subject: Re: Basic network zone, Instance's network is unreachable.
did the vm get an ip address, from within the guest?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 6:28 PM, li_fuqiong <li_fuqiong@venustech.com.cn> wrote:

Dear All,
My hypervisor is VMware, I created an instance using my template(CentOS 6.2), I saw the instance
is running, and its nic info as follows(got it from Cloudstack UI):

NIC 1 (Default)

Network NameguestNetworkForBasicZone
IP Address192.168.12.234
TypeShared
Gateway192.168.12.1
Netmask255.255.255.0
Is DefaultYes

but I cannot ping it through another pc, and log in the instance, ping another ip got error
message "Network is Unreachable"?

What's the reason ?  What should  I do to contact this instance in the guest network?

Thank you.