cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Jake G." <dj_dark_jungl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Usage Server
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 07:17:04 GMT
That was the information I needed. Installed and configured now. Thank you

________________________________
 From: halation <halation3@gmail.com>
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: Usage Server

Hello Jake,

You just install "cloud-usage" in management server.
If you use yum, you type "yum install cloud-usage".

There is a bug in cloud-usage on cloudstack 4.0.
If you can't get usage records, please tell us it again.

Best Regards.

(2013/02/13 15:13), Jake G. wrote:
> Hi Shanker,
>
> Yes you are correct. I can not find any other documentation that allows me to install
or setup the usage server service.

> Please let me know if you have any ideas here.
>
> Thanks,
> Jake
>

> ________________________________

the CloudStack software. See Installing the Usage Server (Optional) in the Advanced Installation
Guide".

> This is "probably" a copy paste left over from the older Citrix docs (I'll open a JIRA
ticket to make sure). Maybe someone else can chime in here. AFAIK, this documentation is complete
enough to start collecting usage data from events.

> Hth.
>

> Regards.
>
> --
> Shanker Balan
> Managing Consultant
>

> M: +91 98860 60539
>
> shanker.balan@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue
> ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit No. N 2201, WTC Bangalore Brigade Gateway, Bangalore
- 560 055
> On 13-Feb-2013, at 9:52 AM, Jake G. <Dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com>
>   wrote:
>

> Hi Shanker,
>> Yes I did, but on step one it says it requires additional setup. That's what I am
tryin to find.

>> On 2013/02/13, at 13:14, Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Jake,
>>> Have you see this yet?
>>>
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html-single/Admin_Guide/index.html#work-with-usage
>>>
>>> Hth.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Shanker Balan
>>> Managing Consultant
>>>

>>> M: +91 98860 60539
>>> shanker.balan@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue
>>> ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit No. N 2201, WTC Bangalore Brigade Gateway,
Bangalore - 560 055

>>> On 13-Feb-2013, at 8:09 AM, Jake G. <dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi All,
Anyone have a good link?

>>> ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation
services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud.
ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers
>   and Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.
>>>
>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd.
>   If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action
based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated