cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Jake G." <dj_dark_jungl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Usage Server
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 06:13:13 GMT
Hi Shanker,

Yes you are correct. I can not find any other documentation that allows me to install or setup
the usage server service.

Please let me know if you have any ideas here.

Thanks,
Jake

________________________________
 From: Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com>
To: "<cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>

Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: Usage Server

Hi jake,

I assume you are referring to the line "This requires extra steps beyond just installing the
CloudStack software. See Installing the Usage Server (Optional) in the Advanced Installation
Guide".

This is "probably" a copy paste left over from the older Citrix docs (I'll open a JIRA ticket
to make sure). Maybe someone else can chime in here. AFAIK, this documentation is complete
enough to start collecting usage data from events.

Hth.

Regards.

--
Shanker Balan
Managing Consultant

M: +91 98860 60539

shanker.balan@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue
ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit No. N 2201, WTC Bangalore Brigade Gateway, Bangalore -
560 055
On 13-Feb-2013, at 9:52 AM, Jake G. <Dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com>
 wrote:

Hi Shanker,

>Yes I did, but on step one it says it requires additional setup. That's what I am tryin to
find.

>On 2013/02/13, at 13:14, Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>

>Hi Jake,
>>
>>Have you see this yet?
>>
>>http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html-single/Admin_Guide/index.html#work-with-usage
>>
>>Hth.
>>
>>Regards.
>>
>>--
>>Shanker Balan
>>Managing Consultant
>>

>>M: +91 98860 60539
>>shanker.balan@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue
>>ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit No. N 2201, WTC Bangalore Brigade Gateway, Bangalore
- 560 055

>>On 13-Feb-2013, at 8:09 AM, Jake G. <dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>I cant seem to find install instructions for the usage server for CS 4.0. Anyone have
a good link?

>>>Thank you!
>>>
>>ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services
to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s
expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers
 and Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.

>>This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the
use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd.
 If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated
 in England & Wales.